- Registered Patent Attorney, US Patent and Trademark Office
- George Mason University, Juris Doctor
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences and Legal Studies
- Voting member of the IPO Asian Practice Committee and the IPO Women in IP Committee
Ms. Xie is a U.S. patent attorney. She focuses her practice on preparing and prosecuting mechanical, electro-mechanical and medical-related technology patent applications. Ms. Xie has handled US and foreign applications in the automotive, bicycle component, software and computer programming and industrial mixer technologies. Ms. Xie drafts original US applications and handles all stages of US prosecution, as well as national stage filings in the US and abroad. Ms. Xie is an active member of the American Bar Association’s Section of Intellectual Property Law. She is also a committee member of the Asian Practice Committee, the Women in IP Committee and Copyright Committee of the Intellectual Property Owner’s Association, serving intellectual property owners in all industries and fields of technology worldwide.
- Author, “USPTO Guidance Not Helpful for Method Patent Applicants,” Law360, 2020.
- Author, “Examining Confusion Between the Chamberlain and Berkheimer Decisions at the Federal Circuit,” IPWatchdog, 2019.
- Author, “Examining the Unforeseen Effects of the USPTO’s New Section 112 Guidelines,” IPWatchdog, 2019.
- Author, “Patentability of COVID-19 Biotech, Pharma & Personal Protective Equipment Inventions,” National Law Review, 2020.
- Author, “Patentablity of COVID19 Software Inventions: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Storage & Blockchain,” National Law Review, 2020.