- District of Columbia
- Registered Patent Attorney, US Patent and Trademark Office
- Catholic University, Juris Doctor
- Cornell University, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- American Bar Association (Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
U.S. patent attorney and one of the founders of the Washington D.C. firm. Mr. Tarnoff started his career in intellectual property in 1982 as a patent examiner for the United States Patent and Trademark Office, where he worked until 1986. At the USPTO, Mr. Tarnoff examined patent applications relating to agricultural machines and medical devices. Mr. Tarnoff has appeared in various patent litigations in District Court as well as appeals in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Mr. Tarnoff frequently lectures in Japan on U.S. patent practice.